Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kickoff

That's it!
I've been putting this off for long enough... Blogging was a great pleasure during my year spent in Sweden, now almost two years ago (snif...)! Take a look if you're interested, I was doing a MSc in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability there (sorry if many images have been disabled since).

I came back home to Mauritius Island in late august 2011 (after a cool bicycle trip from Sweden to Serbia that I'll never forget) and it sure has been a multifaceted experience. I'll post about various aspects I find interesting from time to time, but this blog is mostly a way of journaling for myself and share my experience with you friends, wherever you may be.

Just as a note, off the top of my head I recall journaling being praised throughout personal development and leadership literature as a way to step back and reflect, and if you actually observe your thoughts and feelings at the moment of writing (even as you write about feelings you had earlier in the day or whenever), you get pretty close to meditation which provides a host of mental, emotional and even physical benefits. Awesome. A personal observation is that writing structures my thoughts a lot, because sometimes I can write a whole page then I realize that heck!, this isn't really what I mean/ been feeling, etc., so I can stop, reflect and go deeper.

Ok, I won't start the blog with deep reflective posts and sensitive topics. I will mostly begin with "stocking" cool stuff I picked up on the net that's just sitting in my bookmarks (like sports videos etc.) and posting photos of recent excursions. This is also the reason for the name MU.Outside: life is so much better under the shade of a tree, on soft grass, clenched to a cliff or gliding down a wave face. This is fuel for the soul and I think being out in nature as much as possible helps us to be more free of all the constructs society imposes on us daily. The benefit is that when we "come back" to society, we can take that freedom with us and spread it.

Very stoked to be making a new track in the blogging world again, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment